Daybreak (two days ago) I was taking some grain to the bird feeder. As I was filling the feeder, I felt that I was being watched. I began to look around and noticed a small chickadee about 8 short inches from the front of my face. Looking directly at me she sang her little chick-a-dee-dee song. Was she singing thank you? Or, chick-a-dee-dee-feed-me? Either way, it was the first day I had seen the sun in almost a week and I was being beautifully serenaded as well.
And so began the idea for this post…
If a little chickadee can make the rest of my day so very happy, I can do the same. Every thought that day and every smile, became a little reflection of that happy chickadee song.
So how about it? It has surely been a long winter for many of us; let’s share a little ray sunshine today.
Here’s my list of 15 ways I plan to share a little sunshine:
- Read a new children’s picture book and then share it.
- Tell a good, fun, clean, feel good joke. Right now.
- Send out a surprise thank you note. Write it by hand.
- Illuminate confidence and contribute to another person’s confidence.
- Just smile.
- March is reading month. Read to a child.
- Learn a new song. Sing it. Share it.
- Life can be funny. Discover the humor in it. Laugh at yourself, especially in front of your kids.
- Always keep at least three jokes up your sleeve. A Joke App might help?
- Visit a shut in.
- Open the door for someone behind you. Twice.
- Say, “Thank you,” and add, “Kindly.”
- Wave at someone new in your neighborhood, school, or office.
- Buy a motivational best seller and give it away.
- Leave or send a bouquet to someone who least expects it.
If you are inclined, drop a note and tell me how you plan to share some sunshine. And don’t forget to send me your link (s).